Instant tents are highly popular amongst both beginner and avid campers due to the fact that no one wants to spend over a half hour setting up a tent as opposed to enjoying the nature around them. Unfortunately not all instant tents are up to the high standards that the Coleman 6-person tent is held to. This Coleman instant tent bears a respected name and it performs past expectations.
The setup and take down process for this Coleman tent is under a minute which really sets the bar high for competition. Additionally the fabric on the exterior of this tent is a coated polyester that is designed to keep you completely dry in all weather conditions. The leak free seams, coated zippers, and rainfly covers all are part of the WeatherTec system specifically designed for comfort and convenience during inclimate weather.
Whether you’re with your friends or family, this Coleman instant tent gives you unmatched comfort, space, and is backed by a manufacturer’s warranty to give you the peace of mind you deserve.
- 6 person tent
- WeatherTec System for keeping you dry throughout the night
- Easy set up and takedown
- 1 year manufacturer’s warranty included
- Fits 2 queen mattresses
- Poles and parts are all pre-attached requiring very little assembly
- This popular Coleman has over a hundred and twenty reviews on Amazon giving it a total score of 4.5/5 stars. Those who order this item should be aware that the shipping dimensions are 48”x10”x9” and its shipping weight is 23.8 pounds total.
Simple, attractive, and so easy to set up, there isn’t much to complain about with the Coleman 6 Person Instant Tent. It also has a nifty hook in the center for a lantern.
Unfortunately this instant tent only has two storage pockets. Additionally it can’t really fit 6 people since that is an overestimation on the manufacturer’s part – more like 4 or 5 at the most.
Wenzel Great Basin Nine Person Two Room Family Dome Tent
The Wenzel Great Basin Dome Tent is available in an eye catching color scheme of light grey, blue and taupe. On top of being attractive and spacious this tent is capable of holding a whole family (up to nine people) and has a room divider for additional privacy.
To help provide fresh air within on the interior this tent is designed with a variety of mesh openings – there are two mesh doors, two mesh windows, and two mesh roof vents. Another feature dedicated to ensuring maximum comfort and safety of the occupants is the water resistant lining, doors, and zippers. On the front door and the back window there is a rain fly while the actual fabric of the tent itself is a water repellant Weather Armor polyester.
- Steel and plastic stakes for increased durability
- Two of each: mesh windows, mesh doors, and mesh roof vents
- Hanging divider allows two rooms to be created
- A hooded fly over the front door
- Capable of holding up to nine people
- A popular item in the Sports & Outdoors section on Amazon.com this tent has had various ratings by 34 different reviewers giving it an overall rating of 4.5/5. Additionally the product is 26.5”x10.5”x10.2” for the dimensions and weighs 21.8 pounds.
With a nine person capacity the Wenzel Great Basin Dome Tent definitely doesn’t disappoint unlike those other tents that claim to be able to hold “x” amount and really hold “x-2”.
Additionally setup is fairly simply and can be done by a single person if they are coordinated enough. One small issue is that the windows are somewhat small and they really don’t help with ventilation much so you have to remove the rainfly on top to really get some breeze.
Coleman Montana 8 Person Tent
The Coleman Montana 8 Person Tent houses an entire family comfortably within its spacious one room interior. The exterior is an attractive green color, setting it apart from other tents, and the modified dome structure ensures that the maximum amount of space is usable to the occupants.
Outside the front door and on the top of each window is a rain fly which allows users to have them open during storms so that the tent can remain ventilated. Additionally there is a privacy vent window for added convenience.
Despite being outdoors it is often essential to have some modern appliances and technology with you when you travel. To accommodate electrical devices this Coleman tent has a power supply port that allows things to stay inside and safe.
With a fast set up, sturdy shock corded poles, and InstaClip attachments, this Coleman 8 Person tent is definitely a fantastic idea for families looking to explore nature during the warmer months!
- Capable of holding up to eight people
- One room tent made in China
- 1 year manufacturer’s warranty
- Electrical access port
- Sturdy fiberglass poles and a unique dome structure.
- A popular tent on Amazon.com this Coleman Montana tent has forty reviews rating it an average of 4/5 stars. Those wanting it shipped should be aware that it’s shipping weight is 25.3 pounds and the dimensions are: 28” x 10” x 9”.
All in all the Coleman Montana 8 Person Tent does a great job. It doesn’t have all of the features that some more expensive tents have, but it does have a great design, an attractive color, and it does away with that obnoxious divider that just seems to get in the way.
Another plus is the fact that the door is hinged – this makes it so much more simply to get in and out of the tent. No complaints with this tent – definitely a must have for campers!